MAGELLAN MILES IS REVVING UP FOR SPRING!
Check out what our students have accomplished against each goal since the launch in October:
Promote a more active lifestyle for our child
* Our students have logged 3850 miles in the last five months!
Encourage the sense of curiosity our children have about the world
* Spanish globes were donated in each classroom to allow our students to explore as they traverse the globe. In their classrooms, students have “visited” Mexico and El Salvador among others.
Nurture the community inside MIS as well as among our families.
* MIS families have participated in a number of walks around Town Lake and the Green Belt as well as several organized events including the Turkey Trot, the Formula Run and several are scheduled to run the Schlotzsky’s Bun Run on April 28th.
* MIS families have enjoyed over a dozen post-walk meals at Taco Deli and Austin Java
Live and promote the IB learner profile and be part of our children’s journey to be action-takers, communicators, and risk-takers.
* 7 students have gone out and fulfilled their $300 in sponsored funds. These students can be seen sporting blue, glow-in-the-dark Magellan Miles bracelets!
* Numerous other students have begun to bring in their sponsorship funds, bringing our total funds raised to date to $7100
* 28 students have completed their first marathon and are working on a second! You can recognize those students as the ones proudly wearing their green, glow-in-the-dark Magellan Miles bracelet (give them a high-five when you see them – they’ve worked hard!)
We are launching TWO CLASSROOM CONTESTS to energize our kids and encourage them to get out there and ask neighbors, friends, family and parents' work colleagues to sponsor the miles they are logging.
For more information about Magellan Miles and to learn about an upcoming walk, log on to SycamoreEducation.com …click Magellan Miles (top right corner under School Sites)…click Calendar (top left corner under Classroom)
See you on the trail and keep helping your kids log their miles!